Honey-Caramel Ice Cream with Apples
Honey-Caramel Ice Cream with ApplesI made this recipe and took it to a friend’s for dinner. The short story? It was a big hit. If you can imagine guests standing around the kitchen, asking for a chance just to smell the pan the sauce was in, you get a sense of the scene. And then there was the out and out drooling… Here you go. Whenever I need a great recipe, I often turn to Bon Appetit. I regularly try new recipes on company, because I know they will work. Bon Appetit is a great resource. You can always go to their website www.bonappetit.com. I also go to www.epicurious.com for recipes from both Bon Appetit and Gourmet Magazine.
- 1 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, each cut into 8 wedges Note: I used McIntosh, worked great.
- 3 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- Vanilla ice cream
- Toasted pecan halves (optional)
Stir sugar, cream, butter, honey, and 3 tablespoons water in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat; bring syrup to boil. Add spices, pinch of salt, and pinch of black pepper, shaking pan to blend. Boil without stirring until sauce coats spoon, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 week ahead. Cool, cover, and chill. Rewarm before using.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apples; sprinkle with sugar. Sauté apples until tender and brown in spots, about 12 minutes.
Scoop ice cream into dishes. Top with sauce, apples, and pecans, if using.
Trackback from your site.